Different Types of Web Hosting
18 October 2018
The type of web hosting you need depends on your technical ability, the physical demands of your website and your budget. Types of web hosting include:
- Shared Hosting – your website will be stored on the same server as multiple other websites. This practice is cost effective because you share the cost of the server with multiple subscribers. A server can host around 1000 websites. Shared web hosting usually comes with website builders, web email etc. A surge in usage from other websites on the server can affect your website speed.
- Reseller Hosting - ideal for web designers who wish to host their own clients, or for the novice looking to make an income from web hosting. Resellers are responsible for their own clients. You manage your account usage & your web host maintains the equipment, software & provides the technical support, name servers and a hosting control panel.
- Virtual Private Server (VPS) – appears like a dedicated server, but shares hardware resources with other users. A VPS is limited to a maximum resource level. A VPS is still unable to handle high traffic levels or spikes in usage, and website performance can still be affected by other accounts on the server. Suitable for advanced users or those that require specific software installations, but don’t need the power of a dedicated servers.
- Dedicated Server – it gives the owner the most control over the server. Your website is the only one on the server & you have full root and admin access, giving you full control over everything from security to the operating system. You need a high level of technical expertise for installation and management. They are usually required for those websites with high traffic or high performance needs.
- Cloud Hosting – pretty much just a buzz word in the IT fraternity. It is very similar to a VPS server, but it uses the resources of multiple servers in a network. It enables companies to consume the computing resource like a utility. Resources required for your website are spread across servers, reducing any downtime due to hardware malfunction.
- Managed WordPress Hosting – Because of security concerns, this type of web hosting has become a specialty field. Many web hosting companies now specialising solely in offering managed services for WordPress. Fast loading times, maximum security, and WordPress support are provided.
If your interested in hiring a web designer to build you an online store please look no further Zeus.host and get hosting and web design services in one. Get an Online Store Build easily and professionally by Zeus.Host. Contact us for a quote.